Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies? Well, compared to the original recipes – yes! Health (ier) Chocolate Chip Cookies.
This is a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe with less butter and less chocolate chips. As a result, the recipe yields a less caloric treat that tastes just as good (yes, really!) as others you've had before.
8 tablespoons butter (1 stick), softened 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar 2 eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract 1⁄2 tsp baking soda 1⁄2 tsp salt (Salt teases out the flavors in any food it touches—even cookies. The crunchy crystals pair beautifully with the warm chocolate.) 2 cups flour 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips Flaky sea salt (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy.
3. Stir in eggs and vanilla until well incorporated. Add the baking soda, salt, and flour, then mix until the dough comes together, being careful not to over-mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Drop the dough onto a baking sheet in balls about 3 tablespoons in size, leaving at least 3 inches between each.
5. Bake until the edges are golden and the middles are just barely set.
6. Remove from the sheet, sprinkle with a bit of sea salt (if using) and cool on a wire rack.
Source – eatthisnotthat.com